1) La Rinascentecard allows the Cardholder to benefit from exclusive advantages and special opportunities promoted and managed by Rinascente S.p.a. at la Rinascente points of sale, on the website www.rinascente.it, and at partner firms.
2) The exclusive benefits for Cardholders are:
participating to promotional offers and discounts all year round, only for brands involved in the promotion;
invitations to exclusive events;
participation to contests, valid only for Italian residents;
free consultancy provided by our fashion stylists and beauty consultants;
free tailoring (excepting items on sale and promotions);
free delivery inside the city for purchases over 500 euros;
special offers with la Rinascente partners.
3) La Rinascentecard is exclusively designed for subjects who are not involved in entrepreneurial or professional activities.
4) La Rinascentecard is released completely free of charge, upon filling in the apposite form. Providing incomplete or untrue data which are necessary for card release will result in the impossibility to release the card or in the cancellation of the card itself.
5) The regulations to participate to promotional offers and discounts all year round are communicated to the Cardholder by means of information to be found at la Rinascente points of sale, on the website www.rinascente.it, and through other channels such as e-mails, sms and post mailing.
6) To benefit from the exclusive advantages it is necessary to present the Rinascentecard or the customer code number at the counter during purchases. In case the card or code number is not provided before payment, it will be impossible to calculate discounts, not even at a later moment.
7) The Cardholder must communicate immediately any loss or theft of his/her card to la Rinascente in one of the following ways:
going to the customer office of any la Rinascente point of sale
sending an e-mail to email@example.com;
calling the number +39 02 91387388.
Until such communication is not received la Rinascente cannot be held responsible for any unauthorized use of the card.
8) La Rinascente reserves the right to modify or interrupt loyalty building activities at any time without notice and at its discretion, blocking the Rinascentecard and the Cardholder customer code number.
9) The Cardholder can return his or her Rinascentecard at any time at any la Rinascente point of sale.
pursuant to the EU General Regulation 2016/679 on the processing of personal data “GDPR”
Rinascente S.p.A. (hereinafter “Rinascente”) with headquarters in Milan, Via Washington 70, is the Data Controller of your personal data and will process them in compliance with current legislation and as specified below.
1. Categories of personal data collected and used
In addition to the personal data you directly provide when applying for the Rinascentecard – the "Card" (through online forms or directly at one of our stores) Rinascente collects and processes the following categories of personal data:
● The volume of expenditures progressively made with the Card, further information about the date and place of purchase and the product purchased, as well as, in case of participation to the so-called "Lotteria degli Scontrini", and for purposes related exclusively to participation in that lottery, the “lottery code” provided by you together with your Card at the time of purchase.
● Personal data that you spontaneously provide by sending requests to or contacting our customer service (e.g. contact details and possible theft or malfunction of the Card).
● Personal and contact data related to your participation in events, promotions and contests.
2. Purpose and legal basis for the processing of personal data
The personal data specified above will be used on paper and electronically, also with the aid of electronic and digital means, according to the principles of necessity, lawfulness, propriety, proportionality and transparency for the purposes and according to the conditions of lawfulness (so-called legal bases) specified below:
Issuance of the Card and membership in the loyalty programme
To issue you the Card and thus to allow you to access all the benefits reserved to holders (discounts, promotions, participation in contests, invitations and participation in events and all other membership benefits reserved to the cardholders) as well as to provide assistance when you request it from our customer service. The legal basis of this processing is the execution of the contractual and loyalty relationship established with you.
Analysis of consumption habits
To analyse your consumption habits and carry out market analysis and research in order to improve our product range and send you promotions and invitations that are tailored to you and your preferences. The legal basis of such processing is your consent (received when the Card is requested and subject to withdrawal at any time).
To send you advertising, marketing communications and promotional material by telephone, postal mail or electronic communications like emails, text messages and other digital channels . The legal basis of such processing is your consent (received when the Card is requested and subject to withdrawal at any time).
Verification of compliance with the provisions of the Rinascentecard Terms and Conditions and protection of rights
To manage any conduct in violation of the provisions of the Rinascentecard Terms and Conditions and to protect our rights in court. The legal basis of this processing is the need to pursue our legitimate interests (compliance with the provisions of the Rinascentecard Terms and Conditions and protection of our rights in court).
Compliance with legal obligations
To comply with obligations imposed by laws or regulations or orders from the authorities having jurisdiction. The legal basis for this processing is the need to fulfil a legal obligation.
3. Nature of the provision of personal data
The provision of data marked with an asterisk when requesting the issuance of the Card is required pursuant to the Rinascentecard Terms and Conditions, and the failure to provide data or providing incomplete or untrue data will result in the impossibility of issuing the Card or its revocation. The provision of the expenditure volume data is also mandatory to allow you to access the exclusive benefits reserved to card holders (e.g. the achievement of a certain spending threshold allows the holder to participate in contests) and not providing such data will entail the impossibility of enjoying the benefits specified above. The provision of personal data other than those specified above is optional and, if refused, will result in the impossibility to pursue the aforementioned purposes, even if only partially.
4. Recipients of personal data and transfer of personal data
For the purposes of pursuing the aforementioned purposes, your personal data will be processed by authorised Rinascente personnel (including the pro-tempore Director of the point of sale where the data were collected, the sales staff and authorised personnel of the Marketing Department and Information Systems Department, the Customer Services and the Omni-channel Department), as well as authorised personnel of third parties operating as our data processors (IT service and customer service providers, customer relationship management solution’s providers, companies offering data entry and mailing services, brands and, in case of participation in contests or events, companies that deal with the organisation and management of contests and events on our behalf and companies in charge of sending marketing communications).
For specific requirements related to the location of the servers of Rinascente and/or its suppliers, Rinascente also uses suppliers - as data processors - located in third countries outside the European Union for the provision of services. In such cases, Rinascente undertakes to ensure an adequate level of protection and safeguard, including through contractual agreements, including the standard contractual clauses. For the data stored in the CRM, the relative supplier has certified under the EU- US Privacy Shield.
5. Data Retention
Personal data will be retained for the time strictly necessary to meet the above purposes in compliance with civil and tax retention requirements and the limits established by law. To this end, Rinascente specifies that:
6. Your rights
As the data subject, in accordance with articles 15 and subsequent of the GDPR you have the right to:
● Receive confirmation of the existence of your personal data, access their content and obtain a copy (right of access).
● Update, change and/or correct your personal data (right of rectification).
● Request their erasure or restriction of the data processing in the cases envisaged by the GDPR, including where the data have been processed in violation of the law or if storage is not necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected or otherwise processed (right to erasure and right to restriction).
● Withdraw your consent, where given, at any time and without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent given prior to withdrawal (right of withdrawal of consent).
● Within the limits of the provisions of the GDPR, receive a copy of the data provided by you in a structured format, commonly used and readable by an automatic device, and request that such data be submitted to another data controller
if technically feasible (right to data portability).
● You also have the right to object at any time to the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling in so far as it is related to such direct marketing, and in the cases in which the processing is based on a legitimate interest - paragraph 2, letter d (right of opposition).
You can exercise your rights at any time by writing to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a registered letter with return receipt to: DPO Rinascente, Via Washington 70, Milan.
When contacting us, please be sure to provide us with your name, email address, mailing address and/or telephone number (if provided) and the Card's number in order to be sure we handle your request correctly.
We inform you that requests for deletion of data are subject to the obligations of the law and regulations in force regarding the storage of documents.
We remind you that to manage consent you have provided (including for withdrawal) and to change or update your personal data and your profile, you can access your reserved area at any time and use the functions available in the “edit profile” section.
If you believe that your data has not been processed in accordance with the law or there is a dispute about its use, you also have a right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority of the Member State where you reside, work, or where the alleged breach occurred.
7. Contact details of the Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
The Data Controller is la Rinascente S.p.A. with registered office in Milan, Via Washington 70, VAT No. 05034580968, telephone number 0246771.
The Data Protection Officer or DPO can be contacted at the following email address:
email@example.com or by sending a registered letter with return receipt to DPO Rinascente, Via Washington 70, Milan.
Last update: January 2021.